Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Multiple Data Fields in Cross Tab

It would be great if you could select multiple Data Fields in a single Crosstab

For example. I would like to SUM (Methodology) Pet Food Sales (Data Field 1) & Baby Food Sales (Data Field 2) By Store (Grouping Field) By Day of Week (Header field).

23 Comments
aalba003
7 - Meteor

Oh no, it seems that we don't have any update on that!

I have something like 12 colums to cross tab.....God help me!

CDunhill
8 - Asteroid

Hi @KylieF  - any update on this request yet please? It would be great for it to be put on the roadmap.

I note there are numerous variations to this query posted by other people on this forum. As mentioned before, this would be considered as a pretty basic data transformation feature.

Side note: this has been a feature of Excel (Pivot Tables) for TWENTY SEVEN years!!

Just sayin'... 🙂

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @CDunhill,

Thank you for your patience. I'm unable to provide a update at this time beyond that this idea will be reviewed again soon to see if we can include it on the near future roadmap. I'll be sure to update this idea's status once we have a better understanding on the requirements for including this feature in the roadmap.

hroderick-thr
11 - Bolide

I need this too. Thanks

mcnealfbm
5 - Atom

To add this would be very helpful feature.  Currently I'm resorting to exporting to Excel and doing a standard pivot table. 

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

It would be great if this use case could be handled by a single cross tab.

CDunhill
8 - Asteroid

Good morning @KylieF 

I hope you're well? Can you tell me if this feature request was reviewed as you anticipated please? If so, what was the outcome?

If not, can you give us a rough timeline or an idea of the process please?

As this has been rejected in the past, I wonder if the developers fully understand the request? This is BASIC functionality - not an 'advanced' feature and thus should have been in the software from release 1... surely?

Many thanks once again,

Chris

VVRoseth
5 - Atom

I have to add my voice to this request. I'm currently doing multiple crosstabs and it is hard to understand why one cannot add multiple data fields in a single crosstab.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @CDunhill !

Thank you, I'm doing well! I hope you're well as well (lots of wells). 

Due to a process shifts and several updates we pushed to help further streamline the review process for product this idea's re-review unfortunately was delayed. However, I am working to have several of the Revisit ideas reviewed again by product in the next few months and I will work to insure this one is towards the top of the pile for review. 

While I understand how this feature can be viewed as basic, there is a lot of thought process and work that goes into all our updates as we think about the small scale as well as the grander scale in regards to each update. Things such as integration into other products, behavior with other tools and future updates to the functionality are all taken into consideration. I know that it can be frustrating, but we truly appreciate the patience and feedback we get as our product team works on making the best updates and functionality changes they can.

CDunhill
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for the update once again. Fingers crossed this will get under way soon 🙂