Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Multi-threaded batch macros

It would be very powerful to be able to multi-thread batch macros. Since the data for each batch is known and unrelated between batches, it seems like the processing of each batch could be distibuted to multiple processors without issue. This could dramatically increase performance in certain situations.
4 Comments
leif_engdell
6 - Meteoroid
How would you handle row-1 then?

//Leif
cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @DanH 

when you say multi-thread batch macros do you mean being able to run multiple macros at the same time? 

I notice this post is a few years old now, but I recently put this in Designer discussion and I think the two are related?

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Running-multiple-batch-files-at-the-sa...

DanH

@cgoodman3 The impetus for this request was a provide a mechanism to explicitly influence multi-threaded processing. So if I had 10 batch iterations to run through the batch macro, maybe the macro would spin up 5 or 10 threads, and push any resulting record sets out as they come available. However, since this was originally proposed, we have added the new "AMP" engine that provides multi-threaded processing for most tools. In my mind, this original request is now largely being covered by AMP functionality.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes