Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Multi-Field Formula Tool....REMOVE DEFAULT of "Copy Output Fields and Add"

It would be helpful if the "Copy Ouput Fields and Add" default was unchecked.
6 Comments
thomas_sturgeon
5 - Atom
agreed... i always find myself running the module twice because of this.  Whenever I use this tool its always to edit existing fields and not create new ones.
Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Fully agree with the above a small change for a small but positive benefit 🙂

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This would be great!

Although it's in the "Not Planned" Status, this idea is the more general idea of having custom defaults as one way to solve this issue. Instead of changing the default for everybody, advanced users can change the default for themselves. While I can appreciate that they won't add custom defaults for every tool, perhaps they can start with low hanging fruit like the multi-field formula tool. 

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Like @patrick_digan (and others), I'm 1000% in favor for user specified tool defaults. 

Samanthaj_hughes
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

absolutely agree, this would be perfect. the functionality is great, but it doesn't need to be default. 🙂

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Just going back through old ideas and making sure they're not lost to time. This would be a nice small quality of life upgrade!