Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Multi Field Filter

A way to filter multiple fields by the same variable.

For Example. If I have multiple columns that have Names, email addresses, etc. I want to filter all fields so that each field Does Not Contain = "Test"

If this already exist, my apologies. Just point me in the right direction 😉

4 Comments
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @shaunbeckett

You can do this in two tools relatively quickly:

a) set up a formula that returns a new column with a 1 if the value exists in one of the fields, and a zero if not

b) simple filter on this field

You can do this in a single tool by doing a custom filter

Or you could do this generically by transposing the data and then doing this as a simple filter.

On this particular case - it may be worth posting your particular use-case onto the discussion thread under "Data PRep and Blending" and then the community will very quickly get you a solution.  

Here's a guide that may help you get the fastest possible answer: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Welcome-to-the-Alteryx-Community/Posting-for-fastest-possible-solut...

shaunbeckett
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks Sean! Sorry I should have prefaced it with "I have the solution already, but... it would be nice to have" kind of thing. The idea would be to enter the specific string/strings you would like to filter on and then select the fields you would like to apply this filter to. Again, I just thought it would be nice to have.

Thanks for the feedback!

Community_Admin
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Inactive

Community_Admin
Alteryx
Alteryx

The status of this idea has been changed to 'Inactive'. This status indicates that:

1. The idea has not had activity in the form of likes or comments in over a year.

2. The idea has not reached ten likes.

3. The idea is still in the 'New Idea' status. 

However, this doesn't mean your idea won't be implemented! The Community can still like and comment on this idea. With enough renewed interest, this idea can be brought back into the 'New Idea' status. 

Thank you for contributing to the Alteryx Community and the Alteryx Product Idea Boards!