The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Move Tool Container by Clicking Anywhere, not Just in the Header

When I'm organizing my workflow, sometimes I want to move a whole tool container on the canvas. Currently, the only way to do this is to first find the header then select and drag this. When the ends of the container is off screen, it can be hard to know how much I wanted to move my container to get it where I wanted relative to the other tools around it. I feel like it would be nice to be able to select anywhere on the tool container and drag it around (possibly holding right click and dragging so that current tool selection capabilities aren't hindered).

In the (simplified) images below, you'll see that I want my tool container to vertically align just above the browse tool:

Kenda_0-1662662867721.png

I can't currently see the top of the tool container to move it, though, so I must first navigate to that part of the workflow to select the header.

Kenda_1-1662662925974.png

3 Comments
marcusblackhill
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

I agree different ways to grab it would be useful. A solution could be implemented is like set a button + the mouse like, ctrl+left click and hold to grab the conteiner from anywhere instead of just from the headers.

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

This would be great.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes