Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

More data types relate to the Intelligence Suite

Hello all,

As Intelligence Suite is a great expansion in Alteryx Designer, it would be great to expand the data types in the "Text Mining" and "Computer Vision" ribbon. The "Image Template" accepts only "strings" data types and specific Languages. It would be great to be added more data types, Language and ISO-Codes. 

4 Comments
CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

hi @Antonis_Choustoulakis, your idea is appreciated! Our product team is constantly striving to make our products better, and the user feedback we received is critical in that mission. Make sure to also check out other users’ ideas, and "Like" the ones you'd like to see in the product. 

veeliang
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @Antonis_Choustoulakis, thank you for the feedback. Could you please elaborate on the ideas? Are you referring to the data types of the Image to Text outputs?  Are there languages that you’re interested in specifically? Can you explain further on the ISO-Code request?

Hello @veeliang. Thank you for the response. 

Firstly, as I remember, text input recognizes only strings. It would be interesting and more useful in my opinion, to be available to connect a "select" tool beside it to change the data types. Or even the "Text Mining" tool itself recognizes V_Wstring. Moreover, related to the Languages and ISO-Code, I am referring to the Greek Language. 

Thank you in advance,

Antonis

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Researching : )