The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Minimize/Cancel on Start Screen Before Opening

When opening an Excel workbook or Word document, the Microsoft start screen enables users to minimize or cancel opening. These would be convenient features to add to the Alteryx start screen. Because the Alteryx start screen appears in front of everything you have open, I feel the ability to minimize it would add a lot of value. Additionally, the ability to close it would be beneficial for those times when you accidentally click the wrong workflow, for example.

Start Screen Excel.PNG

5 Comments
EricDM
6 - Meteoroid

Agree that closing the start screen would be beneficial.  When working on multiple tasks at the same time, opening Alteryx gets in the way of continuing work as the app loads.

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @EricDM 

You can actually get rid of the popup now. If you just click anywhere in the box when it appears, it will go away. I'm not sure which version first offered this, but I think it has now been possible for a while. Try it and see if it works on the version you're using.

Hollingsworth
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar
It seems like since this feature already exists by clicking on the splash screen, that the status of this idea should be changed.
Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

@KylieF - I think you can change this to implemented 🙂

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Implemented

@Joe_Lipski @Hollingsworth 

Thank you both for the heads up and ping!

I'm updating this idea to implemented as in all supported versions the Alteryx splash window can be closed by clicking on it.