Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Microsoft Azure blob storage

Hi,

A lot of companies now are deploying on both AWS and Microsoft Azure.

Alteryx supports AWS S3 object storage out of the box, it would be important to support Microsoft Azure blob as part of the native Alteryx product as well. 

Cheers,

Adrian

23 Comments
david_fetters
11 - Bolide

This has been a huge hurdle for us as we move our operations into Azure.  There aren't any good solutions right now (see this post I made about getting data out of blob storage) and azure blob storage is fairly tightly integrated with Microsoft's big data processing tools like Data Lake Analytics.  If we could get meta data of CSV files in blob storage in the same way that we currently get metadata for locally stored CSVs, and seamlessly download the data into our streams, it would open up a huge pool of cheap cloud storage. Definitely would love to see this move forward.

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

david_fetters
11 - Bolide

Woot! 

jBoysen
5 - Atom

Thumbs up!

Ting
7 - Meteor

We have a big need in this, if we can get this function if will help my company significantly!! 

scottonsports
7 - Meteor

This is a huge pain point for my company as well.

amalanok
5 - Atom

I just have to say...consider that Microsoft and Amazon are tied for 1st and Cloud Storage is going to be quickly become one of the primary landing zones for data, how is this not already implemented in Alteryx? This is pretty much a necessity at this point and not simply a feature request. Please implement ASAP!!

mcolbert75
5 - Atom

This is quickly becoming a huge pain point in my organization.  Every workaround I have tried so far gets 90% there and crashes and burns.

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Please know that this functionality is still on our radar. We are working to prioritize this, but at this time we do not have a timeline for implementation.

jlavoy
5 - Atom

Good - because we really still need this. The current Azure Data Lake Gen1 connector doesn't really do the job for us.