The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Mask for numeric fields in Results window for thousands separator

Hello all,

When looking at the Results window, I often find it a headache to read the numeric results because of the lack of commas. I understand that incorporating commas into the data itself could make for some weird errors; however, would it be possible to toggle an option that displays all numeric fields with proper commas and right-aligned in the Results window? I am referring to using a display mask to make numeric fields look like they have the thousands separator while retaining numeric functionality (as opposed to converting the fields to strings). 

What do you think?

Alteryx Display Mask example.JPG

13 Comments
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Would be very helpful, and could easily be made into a user setting

danielkresina
9 - Comet
Great point. I often have to copy the data out into Excel and format it in order to make any sense of the numbers.
simon
11 - Bolide

Definitely +1 for this one. Also, format data as Currency like in excel. Even the render tool falls short lacking a thousand separator option...

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

:-) would have to be pulled from the Regional Settings because different regions do this in different ways.

For example - here in India, numbers are broken up into Crore (10 Million); Lakh (100 k) and Thousand

So - instead of 120.5 M being written as 120,500,000.00 - In India this would be written as 12,05,00,000.00 (12 Crore; 5 Lakh).

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Thanks for the idea. We're working on designs for a new Results grid, so I'll pass this on to our UX design team. 

aduplessie
7 - Meteor

Thank you, Rachel! That's great to hear.

mic_jon
5 - Atom

This would be a very useful feature.

Fz
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

Please someone succeed to find a solution !!!!

Thank you.

mestevez1
8 - Asteroid

That would be very useful.

neilmcg
7 - Meteor

I know people at my firm would love a regional display mask like this. It's one of the number one complaints I hear from people looking over my shoulder as we quickly analyze data. Since I don't care to lose numeric functionality the solution is almost always to render a temporary output to Excel as long as we are looking at summary data. If we looking at detail we typically lose that option due to record count.