The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Make the Input tool's Tables view list of tables exportable and searchable

When a user connects the Input tool to a database, the Tables view lists the tables the user can see. Please add a search feature and an option to export the list.

5 Comments
Tybo
7 - Meteor

Currently wishing for this as well. Just hand typed out 69 different table names... And a dynamic output to link table names to output files such as .yxdb. 

Trying to figure out how to link the table outputs to individual yxdb files without having to create 69 separate input/output files.

seven
12 - Quasar

@TyboDepending on your data source, you can use information schema, sys objects, or some other analogue in a query to build the names for you and read them into Alteryx.

Tybo
7 - Meteor

@seven Thanks, I had just read about that however I do not have read rights to that. It's odd how I have rights to query each table via SQL but I can't query the sys objects to get the names of the tables even though I can see them and hand copy them... 

seven
12 - Quasar

@TyboGood point, it's up to the DBAs to manage permissions. Ultimately, if Alteryx would export the list for us, that would be great.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes