The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Make Distance Tool Output the Drive Distance Route Polyline

I am using the Distance Tool and would like to get the polyline that represents the drive distance.  I need to output the drive polyline for multiple points and determine the percentage of overlap between routes and the number of times overlapped.
5 Comments
Atabarezz
13 - Pulsar

Can't you do this with google drivetime gallery app?

manish_mahendru
5 - Atom

I need the route outputs too. The rate limit on google app makes the app not useful at all for what I am trying to do and with the daily limit of 2,500 API queries it would take me maybe 10+ years to get all the routes that I need.

rdoptis
11 - Bolide

It would be great to have this functionality to better understand the output distances/drive times as well as for data visualization purposes. While there are alternatives such as the Google API and the HERE API, the value proposition of the Alteryx spatial solution is for doing this type of work completely offline.

Thank you,
Ryan

Atabarezz
13 - Pulsar

square with you 

Eli_B
10 - Fireball

Alteryx uses TomTom data, so using a Google app (which doesn't use TomTom data) isn't a great solutions. I think most of us are using the drivetime tools for analysis, so TomTom is giving use the drivetime/drive distance. If we use the Google tool, it's not using the same data, it's probably not even choosing the same route. So we would be providing TomTom info to the customer with a Google route map without being able to tell if they even matchup.

If the Alteryx tool is already doing the drivetime, then it's already selected a route, & a spatial output shouldn't be too hard to generate at that point. This is honestly something that should be available already, simply have a checkbox on the tools that when the user selects, the spatial output would be provided (users would know that the process would take longer).