The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

List content from specific column

When giving a user a dropdown list, it is difficult to give them an option of the data in a specific column.  So if I have a "State" column, I would like to give the user a dropdown of all of the states currently represented in the table.  So if there was "Nebraska, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, South Dakota", the dropdown list would give them an option to select Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and South Dakota.  This could be useful on both List boxes and Dropdown lists.  Currently there is a workaround that lets you do it, but it is not a great solution because if there is a space (Like in South Dakota), it puts an underscore in it so parsing is required.  

2 Comments
OliverW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I think I know what kind of work around you are talking about, should still generally work quite well, you dont really then have to parse the "_" that gets added, you could just use a Dynamic Rename tool with the "Formula" setting as Rename mode and then a Replace formula for "_" to " ".

Cheers

Olli

Community_Admin
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Inactive