community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx Designer Ideas

Share your Designer product ideas - we're listening!

Let cache utilize upstream cache

I like the new cache option in 2018.3, but I would like it to function a little bit different. Let's say you cache at a certain point and then continue to build after that. If I reach another checkpoint and want to cache, it currently re-runs the entire workflow (ie it ignores my cache upstream and just goes back to the beginning of the workflow); instead, I would rather have it utilize the upstream cache. Personally, caching is usually an iterative effort during development where I keep caching along the way. The current functionality of the cache is not conducive to this. Thanks!

6 Comments
Pulsar
Pulsar

This would be a fantastic feature add for caching!

Meteoroid

Agree completely, I feel like the 2018.3 approach to caching actually made it less functional for my purposes.  I'm actually less likely to use it vs say the crew macro or creating manual temporary outputs (which are annoying).

I would almost imagine having multiple cache "points" that each have downstream impact.  Including cache points at every data "route" would be a great way to control for time consuming data query pulls. 

+1. That would be really helpful!

Meteor

Yes +1. I used SPSS Modeler in the past and I really love this feature in Modeler.

You can cache a node you want to start the workflow to run. It is very very helpful for a large workflow.

Please add this function in Alteryx. Thank you. We love you.

Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Under Review

Thanks for the idea @patrick_digan! We're considering enhancements to caching and this one is definitely on the list.

Meteor

@AlexKo Thank you for the update.

Can you break Cache and Run into "Cache only" and "Cache and Run".  I can cache my input nodes before hitting run.

In addition, when I save the workflow with cache selected on some input nodes, will the cache remain when reopening the same workflow? This function works on the older versions. Thank you very much.