Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Iterative Container

Here's a twist on the iterative macro.  Suppose, like a generate rows tool, you could initialize a container to iterate on it's internal processes without having to construct a macro?  The container could include anchors for iterations and for output and allow the user to DoWhile inside of the container.

Just a thought....

3 Comments
Nemesis
6 - Meteoroid

I like the idea, but why not go one further.   Create Loop start and Loop end tools.   Place all the iterative activities between the two tools.  That way it will make since graphically.   That is my big problem with the iterative macro.  It is, frankly, confusing and visually not intuitive. 

mustafa
6 - Meteoroid

I have such case where I need to download multiple API requests, having a limit means I need to wait for the next window to resume collection, throttle doesn't help in this case as there are other workflows that might consume the available requests.

now, to wait for next available window in seconds -stated in API header- I need a batch macro grouped by a unique ID so each request is processed sequentially and hold the rest of requests from being done.

for the failed request -that stated I've exceeded the limit- I need to re do it again.

this means I need 2 nested macros for such task.

If we can have Containers with Batch/Iterative functionality, it would be better and easier to maintain and work on, instead of having 3 files.

Macros provide the re-usability function, while I'm not reusing this solution anywhere else.

I hope we can see something similar, or at least a better way to back-propagate processes.

All the best.

@jpoz 

clipboard_image_0.png

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes