The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Interface tool that allows a user to search through values

Hey all,

I would love to be able to have an interface tool that allows a user to search through drop down values (when there are more than 100 or so) similar to autocomplete. It would be helpful as a multiselect or single select drop down. I have inserted a very poorly mocked up picture below. It would essentially be a modified version of the drop down as all the values would be in the tool, but the user could type to find what they are looking for.

Alteryx Idea - Searchable Drop Down.png

4 Comments
Carrefour
8 - Asteroid

I have the same problem, do you solve it ?

Best regards

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hello @Carrefour,

I have not solved it. I was able to create one when making my app into a tool, but that does not solve many use cases. I am hoping this can be upvoted enough to get implemented in a future version of Alteryx.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Not Planned

Thank you all for the feedback!

Our product team has reviewed this idea, and unfortunately we cannot include this feature onto the near future roadmap at this time. This is due to several outstanding factors, including factors like the high number of integrations and impacted areas, examples being Server's Gallery, AAH and Designer and technical requirements for each area. However there are plans in the future to improve the analytic app experience, and we plan to review this idea again once we have reached that point in time.

markthepaz
6 - Meteoroid

I would like this as well. I have a use case where there is a file of 10k+ communities for the user to select from. Would like to be able to wildcard search one dropdown (similar to how Tableau does this in their filters on datasets). Currently, I need to chain an app and write to a relative path that is discoverable on Alteryx Gallery. The issue is we have multiple users (10+) so they will need to take turns using the app. Would be nice to have this so I can use temp files and avoid needing to write to relative paths.

Note: we did try to write to temp files and use those in the chained app but ever since upgrading from 2020.x.x to 2021.1.5 we have been running into issues where the temp files are not picked up by the chained app on new or updated apps.