The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Intelligence Suite: Further Guidance in Assisted Modelling Process

Hello All,

During my trial of assisted modelling, I've enjoyed how well guided the process is, however, I've come across one area for improvement that would help those (including myself) overcome any hurdles when getting started.

When I ran my first model, I was presented with an error stating that certain fields had classes in the validation dataset that were not present in the Training dataset.

Upon investigation (and the Alteryx Community!) I discovered that this was due to a step in the One Hot Encoding tool.

Basically, the Default setting is for all fields to be set to error under the step for dealing with values not present in the training dataset, but there is an option to ignore these scenarios.

My suggestion:

Add an additional step to Assisted Modelling that gives the user the option to Ignore / Error as they see fit.

If this were to be implemented then it would remove the only barrier I could find in Assisted Modelling.

Hope this is useful and happy to provide further context / details if needed.

4 Comments
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for your idea and feedback!

We appreciate all the feedback we get, especially on our newer Intelligence Suite tools. Your idea overall looks good to go to product once the necessary like criteria has been met. Please be sure to check out our Submission Guidelines and feedback on any other ideas that would be beneficial to your Alteryx experience!

dbyfield
8 - Asteroid

Hi @KylieF 

Thanks for the feedback on the suggestion, much appreciated.

Can I ask what would be needed to re-up this post further and expand the audience so it meets the guidelines for taking to Product?

thanks

D

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @dbyfield,

Apologizes, but I'm not entirely sure what you mean by re-up. If you're referring to the idea remaining on the front page, most of the organization on our boards is controlled by algorithms based on post date or likes and moderators don't have the ability to reorganize ideas. Though the idea boards do have several different sorting features to help provide users the best visibility into the ideas that interest them! Which would be the best route for users to find and like the ideas that impact or interest them most.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes