Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Include JeffA's UI automation tools into the core product.

@JeffA posted an awesome blog about how UI automation testing is being done within Alteryx using the Selenium library and the Python SDK.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works-Blog/Total-Automation-Badassery/bc-p/509096#M2105

This would be a TREMENDOUS addition to the core product - especially given that the alteryx team have already built these into a series of generic tools that can be dropped onto canvasses.

Example of where this would be super powerful for the Alteryx platform:

- the data I need to analyze is on a legacy system with no API; or behind a web login wall

- the data I need requires a user to hit a series of steps to download Excel or CSV (again, no API)

- I've found an outlier - can I submit this to an application so that someone can act on it?

This would be a very valuable addition to the core product; and really increase the scope of analytics capability - please could you consider adding this to the standard downloadable version as a brand new tab full of automation tools?

3 Comments
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for submitting your idea to the Alteryx idea boards!

If you haven’t yet be sure to check out our updated Submission Guidelines as well as the other product idea boards! All boards are actively monitors and we appreciate all the feedback we receive for each product.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I wasn't aware of these, but they're really intriguing!
These would be AMAZING to the Alteryx platform - 100% of scraping and API access through a download tool is unrealistic.