Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

In-database Tools for Vertica

Hi,

Carlson Companies is moving to a Vertica environment and it would be great if that was supported with the In-database tools. That would definitely help and expand the use of Alteryx at our company!

Thanks,

Tyler Mittelstadt

22 Comments
JCR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Tyler,

I have Vertica in my list of platforms to review and consider for in-database. We haven't had much demand for it so far. I'd be interested how many of you in the community are on Vertica. Please post comments.

Thanks

JC

JCR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Comments Requested

rama_kunaparaju
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

We have several users in our team who would benefit immensely by having in-database connectivity to Vertica. Vertica is the main database we have for day-to-day analytics and for production. We expect to see significant improvements in processing time especially since we do not have an alteryx server environment.

I have tested the in-database connectivty against SQL Server and found great benefits. Looking forward to this feature and this could potentially increase the tool usage in our team as well.

Thanks

Rama

anna_kludka
5 - Atom

My team's productivity would benefit enormously from this idea. We use Vertica that is located in US but we run the queries from another country (Chile) that's why your queries/ programs take sometimes hours to complete.
It woudl be one of the best add ons that could be incorporated in Alteryx

SergioD
7 - Meteor

Will be great for Vertica users to have this tool.

Mel_Howland
5 - Atom

Having Veritca In-database tools will help our team run query more effeciently from another country.

briancampbell
5 - Atom

Our efficiencies and production would benefit tremendously from a Vertica in-database tool.  I am absolutely on-board for this!

Cinthia_DIS
5 - Atom

Vertica in-database tool would be great for our productivity.  I hope it can be incorporated in Alteryx

Mark_Marshall
5 - Atom

This would definitely benefit our procedures and our client's satisfaction on fast delivery!

earl_potter
5 - Atom

We have a new event-level (impressions, conversions, clicks, etc.) DB using Vertica.  It would be beneficial if I could query this DB using the in-DB tools.