Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

In-Database Update and/or Delete

DELETE from Source_Data Where ID in

SELECT ID from My_Temp_Table where FLAG = 'Y'

Essentially, I want to update a DB table with either an update or with the deletion of rows.  I can't delete all of the data.  My work around will be to create/insert into a table the keys that i want to delete and try to use a input/output tool with SQL that performs the delete.  Any other suggestions are welcome, but a tool is best.

Thanks,

Mark

50 Comments
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Thanks!

fpinchon
8 - Asteroid
Love that new functionality, when is it coming to DB platforms other than SQL Server? There are a few out there: Redshift , Snowflake, PostGres....
zbrookler
5 - Atom

This really needs to be added for other platforms, like Teradata for us. A lot of companies don't use SQL server and still require this functionality.

NicolasFabre81
8 - Asteroid

We also really need this for PostgreSQL !

acowpy
8 - Asteroid

I don't see the 'Delete Rows' or 'Update Rows' options when using the In-DB Write Tool.

Running 2019.1 and connecting to an Azure SQL Server DB using v17 ODBC drivers.

@MarqueeCrew @ARich - any ideas?

Many thanks in advance!

alt.png

NicolasFabre81
8 - Asteroid

It'd nice to be able to run ANY Sql query from the INDB tools.

Example : in my PostgreSQL db, i'd like to be able to run such queries from Alteryx :

comment on column "ERF_MCHB_MCH1"."WERKS" is 'Division';

Al8an
5 - Atom
@acowpy I am in the same situation, I don't have access to the Delete/Update Rows options of the Write In-DB Tool. Did you find the solution to workaround the limitation? Thanks in advance
acowpy
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Al8an, in my case I eventually found our from Alteryx support that its because Alteryx does not support Update/Delete Output options with Microsoft Azure SQL Database.

acowpy
8 - Asteroid

Hi all, I have created an Idea for inclusion of Azure SQl Server instances. Please upvote!! 🙂

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Update-Delete-Output-for-Microsoft-Azure-SQL...

@MarqueeCrew @Al8an @NicolasFabre81 @zbrookler @fpinchon @ARich 

Al8an
5 - Atom
Thanks for the follow-up @acowpy !