Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

In-Database Update and/or Delete

DELETE from Source_Data Where ID in

SELECT ID from My_Temp_Table where FLAG = 'Y'

Essentially, I want to update a DB table with either an update or with the deletion of rows.  I can't delete all of the data.  My work around will be to create/insert into a table the keys that i want to delete and try to use a input/output tool with SQL that performs the delete.  Any other suggestions are welcome, but a tool is best.

Thanks,

Mark

50 Comments
brianhangartner
5 - Atom

This feature would be a huge help in my current process. I have built a table of summarized data that I would like to delete the current month and then use alteryx to append the current month data. Currently I have to run the delete query in SQL developer and then run the append In-DB process in Alteryx. I don't have scheduling privlages in our Oracle environment.

mdressler
5 - Atom

would be a great feature and would enable an easier transition from MS Access based processes

JeffreyW
5 - Atom

For ease of use, I agree this would be a nice addition to have tool(s) that take care of this.

Watsa
8 - Asteroid

I am looking for the same thing.  It will be faster and easier like MS Access.

andrewdatakim
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

I would like to see the same functionality in the IN-DB tool as the standard output tool. Meaning, include the three versions of update (update: warn on update failure, update: error on update failure and update: insert if new). Without having this functionality we are required to use a PreSQL statement or Data Stream Out tool and then a standard Output Data tool.  A delete option would be nice with both the In-DB and standard output tools. 

Use Case: We regularly do weighting on our session tables which need to be adjusted on a daily basis on millions of records, keeping it In-DB is faster.

bpschoon
7 - Meteor

Throw my vote in as well. I need to run a delete * from Where date >n before I execute any code. There are very complex work arounds but this would be a much better solution.

Johnny
6 - Meteoroid
I like this idea. In-DB tools must have this king of functionnality. The more I can run on my hadoop cluster, the more I will save processing time .
ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Kieran
7 - Meteor

This is one of the main problems I have with Alteryx, no ability to run a "Generic" sql statement.

DanHare
11 - Bolide

I agree, some more flexibility on In-Database updates would allow me to retire lots of SQL scripts.