Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

In-Database Update and/or Delete

DELETE from Source_Data Where ID in

SELECT ID from My_Temp_Table where FLAG = 'Y'

Essentially, I want to update a DB table with either an update or with the deletion of rows.  I can't delete all of the data.  My work around will be to create/insert into a table the keys that i want to delete and try to use a input/output tool with SQL that performs the delete.  Any other suggestions are welcome, but a tool is best.

Thanks,

Mark

50 Comments
Dynamomo
11 - Bolide

@ARich - is there any update on this heavily requested functionality that is listed as 'under review'?

Thanks!

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi All,

We are exploring this functionality as part of our bigger strategy around InDB. No timelines yet, but I'll keep you updated,

Best,

Alex

MJP
6 - Meteoroid

Alex,

How can this process be expedited? Would it help if users who need this got organized and pressed the case to specific leadership?

The requests have been under review for years, and the lack of functionality is a serious barrier to enterprise adoption at a server level. 

Thanks and best regards,

Michael

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Michael (@MJP),

This is on our roadmap and we are hoping to have this specific Update/Delete functionality in place by the end of the year. In the meantime, please continue to share your thoughts here and they will be shared with leadership.

Thanks for your continued feedback around this!

Best,

Alex

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Super excited @ARich - this is going to be a fantastic addition to the core product.

hwebb
5 - Atom

I wanted to ask this same question:

I am matching my database table to an incoming file which will be appended, however if the old data matches I need to update ONLY ONE FEILD on the database, is this possible?

So instead of dumping and refreshing the whole table I want to basically update/append only one field?? Thank You.

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: New Idea

Hi All,

We're trying to validate some designs for this feature. Can you please let me know if you're interested in participating? Please message me with your email address!

Best,

Alex

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Accepted

MJP
6 - Meteoroid

That is excellent news!  Is there any notion of a development timeline?

Thanks,

Michael

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @MJP,

We're in the process of validating that what we plan to implement will solve the majority of use cases. Once we get past that validation (hopefully next week), we'll start implementing. We're hoping to have something out in beta in the next few months.

The more validation we can get, the quicker we can get this moving. Please message me if you'd like to participate in a call this week or next!

Best,

Alex