community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx Designer Ideas

Share your Designer product ideas - we're listening!

In DB color coding

Is it possible to add some color coding to the InDB tool.  I am building out models InDB and I end up with a sea of navy blue icons.  Maybe they could generally correspond to the other tools.   For example the summary would be orange.  Etc  Formula Lime Green.

5 Comments
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Interesting suggestion!

Is part of the problem that you are zoomed out on a large workflow and you can't tell which tools are which when they are small?

Or is it something else?

We thought it was crucial to know at a glance which tools are in the In-DB portion of the workflow because that section works together in a unique manner and can't be connected to other, non In-DB tools.

I'd love to hear more details about this request.

Geoff Jones

Director of Creative Services and Icon Coloring Apprentice

Meteor
I do all my InDB work in Teradata in a pre-step in order to filter and summarize down literally almost 2 BILLION records down to something manageable. Our internet connect is currently “sub-par” so I do not want to load even a million records down to my PC. (Yes, we need a server.) My colleague suggested a 45% split or a stripe which would indicate and InDB action icon. How about a brief call if you would like to discuss. Keith
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
@klpenney wrote:

>> I do all my InDB work in Teradata in a pre-step in order to filter and summarize down literally almost 2 BILLION records down to something manageable.

That's awesome!

@klpenney wrote:

How about a brief call

I sent you a PM.

Geoff

Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Not Planned

Hi @klpenney,

Thanks for the feedback. This is not planned at this time, but we'll continue to keep it in mind as we build out In-DB functionality.

Best,

Alex