The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

In DB color coding

Is it possible to add some color coding to the InDB tool.  I am building out models InDB and I end up with a sea of navy blue icons.  Maybe they could generally correspond to the other tools.   For example the summary would be orange.  Etc  Formula Lime Green.

5 Comments
GeoffJ
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Interesting suggestion!

Is part of the problem that you are zoomed out on a large workflow and you can't tell which tools are which when they are small?

Or is it something else?

We thought it was crucial to know at a glance which tools are in the In-DB portion of the workflow because that section works together in a unique manner and can't be connected to other, non In-DB tools.

I'd love to hear more details about this request.

Geoff Jones

Director of Creative Services and Icon Coloring Apprentice

klpenney
7 - Meteor
I do all my InDB work in Teradata in a pre-step in order to filter and summarize down literally almost 2 BILLION records down to something manageable. Our internet connect is currently “sub-par” so I do not want to load even a million records down to my PC. (Yes, we need a server.) My colleague suggested a 45% split or a stripe which would indicate and InDB action icon. How about a brief call if you would like to discuss. Keith
GeoffJ
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
@klpenney wrote:

>> I do all my InDB work in Teradata in a pre-step in order to filter and summarize down literally almost 2 BILLION records down to something manageable.

That's awesome!

@klpenney wrote:

How about a brief call

I sent you a PM.

Geoff

PoornimaF
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Not Planned

Hi @klpenney,

Thanks for the feedback. This is not planned at this time, but we'll continue to keep it in mind as we build out In-DB functionality.

Best,

Alex