The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

In DB Input tool to Support CTE statements

Sometimes I need to connect to the data in my Database after doing some filtering and modeling with CTEs. To ensure that the connection runs quicker than by using the regular input tool, I would like to use the in DB tool. But is doesn't working because the in DB input tool doesn't support CTEs. CTEs are helpful for everyday life and it would be terribly tedious to replicate all my SQL logic into Alteryx additionally to what I'm already doing inside the tool. 

I found a lot of people having the same issue, it would be great if we can have that feature added to the tool. 

4 Comments
simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

Hello @AdrianaCortesB_7 

could you clarify where you have an issue ? is it with the visual query builder or when you run your workflow?

Best regards,

Simon

AdrianaCortesB_7
5 - Atom

Hi @simonaubert_bd,

An error appears while running the workflow. And only when writing a CTE logic in the query builder of an In-DB input tool. After checking Alteryx documentation I realized that In-DB tools do not support CTE logic. Which is why I would love to rise this request. So that the tools can support it. 

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar
AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes