Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

In DB : Choose the base or schema of the Temp Table (Security failure)

Hello,

Here a use case :

I work on the projects A and B with Alteryx inj IN DB mode.

My coworker works only on project B and have no rights to the data of project A.

When using temporary table in Alteryx, we both create the temporary tables in the default database. The issue is my coworker can see my temporary data of project A, which is not safe.

Solution : allow me to specify the database/schema when I create my temporary table.

6 Comments
Atabarezz
13 - Pulsar

+1 this is a HUGE issue...

krysten
7 - Meteor

+10000

We restrict the public schema to all users and only DBAs - so I can't even create temp tables when using data stream in. 

bbartlett
6 - Meteoroid

Agreed, having to grant an Oracle user the 'CREATE ANY TABLE' System Privilege is way too much power.

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

One of the biggest issues for Alteryx in-db, .

Turnarounds we found (not satisfying) :

-an odbc connection and a in-db connection  by user right profile, the temp base/schema being set in the odbc

-prohibit the usage of temp tables

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

Kevin_VANCAPPEL
10 - Fireball

+1000