Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Improved error messaging on the download tool

Hi there,

We often get the following error message from the download tool 

"00:00:23.555 - Error - ToolId 106: Error in libCURL: You have found a bug.  Replicate, then let us know.  We shall fix it soon."

Unfortunately this seems to be a transient error so we've not been able to replicate this in a useful & repeatable way.  However - we see this happening at least a few times per week on one of our servers, so this is a continuing issue.

Please could you provide more detailed error messaging on the download tool so that this error can be debugged and/or replicated?

Many thanks

Sean

8 Comments
NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Received the same largely unhelpful message on a process using Run Command, also with varying consistency in repeatability, so would love to extend this to tools with that message in addition to the Download tool!

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for your feedback and idea!

We’re currently working diligently to insure all product ideas are reviewed and commented on by Alteryx when the necessary criteria are met. If you haven’t yet, check out our Submission Guidelines which go over the idea boards in a bit greater detail.

Ruud
10 - Fireball

Hi @SeanAdams , running into the exact same error, seemingly at random, also from the download tool. Do you have any more details on your use-case? Possible cause, maybe a solution?

Mine is in a batch macro where a download tool is retrieving urls from a Python tool that is running all the API-calls.

JingZuo
5 - Atom

Hi I have same issue here. I'm using Download tool to run API Export Data Slice. Are there any updates?

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

No updates at the moment, but this is in the review cycle, and I will update the status when we hear back from product management on this idea. Thanks for the continued interest, we know the Download tool has room for improvement.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

cbuckels13
6 - Meteoroid

I am having the same issues with Version: 2022.3.1.450 Patch: 2

Are there any updates?

cbuckels13
6 - Meteoroid

I solved our issues, we had a SQL line to define the actual refreshed date, "ImportDate = GETDATE() AT TIME ZONE 'UTC' AT TIME ZONE 'Pacific Standard Time'", by removing this line of code the error was eliminated.