Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Icons on Image Template

Hi, I was using the Image Template tool and I noticed that the icons for import and export are switched.

gabrielvilella_0-1642601742780.png

7 Comments
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Great catch @gabrielvilella 

petrl
Alteryx
Alteryx

I think the icons used are more relevant for Download and Upload, which would then make sense from the icons' point of view. Using horizontal arrow icons (examples below, or anything else really) for import/export might help avoid confusion?

petrl_0-1644590815401.pngpetrl_1-1644590823624.png

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Hi @petrl, I believe that regardless of image orientation, the export should be represented with the arrow going out and the import with the arrow going in.

petrl
Alteryx
Alteryx

Thanks, @gabrielvilella, you're right - What I was trying to say is that the current icons might resemble uploading/downloading files (the "box" part of the icon being a local hard drive, not the Designer), and switching the icons while making it clearer for you (and probably a majority of other people too), it may get confusing for others viewing it as upload/download. Hence the proposal of horizontal arrowed icons, which hopefully won't cause this confusion. But totally agreed that solely switching the icons one for another would make sense to most of us :)

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

veeliang
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi All. Thanks for the idea. The icons have been switched as of Intelligence Suite 2022.3.

NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented