The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

ISO Weeknumber formula

It would be great, if an ISO Weeknumber furmula was added to the Formula Tool. That way it would be easier to manage data and to get them in synch with other programs/databases, for example with Excel. Incorrect date usage between different systems can cause serious misunderstandings and inaccurate reports, thus resulting in negative impact on business decisions.

Nathan Coffee was kind enough to create a very complex Formula Tool which can produce that particular format, so the logic could be taken as an example or even a direct implementation point. Please find the WorkFlow attached.

5 Comments
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for your idea and feedback!

We appreciate the insight into how users would like to better leverage the formula tool when dealing with dates. It looks like you're relatively new to the idea board (welcome!) so if you haven't yet be sure to check out our Submission Guidelines as it goes over the idea board process in a bit greater detail including what happens after you post.

ABakos
5 - Atom

Dear @KylieF 

I am sorry for the late reply and thank you very much for your guidance on proper way of posting new ideas.

It seems this is not a problem which affects too many people, though. :)

Aluminum_JKR
5 - Atom

Looking forward to this enhancement!

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

AlexL
7 - Meteor

I cannot find this thread on the "Accepting Votes" page.  I would like to vote for it