The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Hyperlink to Input/Ouput File

I would love to be able to double-click on an input or output file and have the file open. Second to that would be a clickable hyperlink to the filepath that could be used to open the file, or a "go to" button or something. Anything would be better than my current process of copying and pasting the filepath into an explorer window.

5 Comments
daniel_mmi
9 - Comet

If you have the Results panel open, any step that reads from or writes to a file will show up as a link. You can click the link to open the file or right-click to choose whether to open the file or its containing folder.

I stumbled across that the other day, and felt rather silly that it took me so long.

cbridges
11 - Bolide

Oh my gosh...can't believe that I hadn't made the connection that blue underlined font means LINK. Duh!

Thank you, Daniel.

This is why we need a webinar called "How Did I Not Know That!" LOL

TaraM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

360Andy
7 - Meteor

How do I output a message with a clickable link from my custom component?

Is there a particular message type I need to specify when I call EngineInterface.OutputMessage()?

And/or is there a particular way I need to format the message?

360Andy
7 - Meteor

Figured it out.

I have to use AlteryxRecordInfoNet.MessageStatus.STATUS_File_Output or AlteryxRecordInfoNet.MessageStatus.STATUS_File_Input and format the message like:

"link|description"