Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Hyperlink to Input/Ouput File

I would love to be able to double-click on an input or output file and have the file open. Second to that would be a clickable hyperlink to the filepath that could be used to open the file, or a "go to" button or something. Anything would be better than my current process of copying and pasting the filepath into an explorer window.

5 Comments
daniel_mmi
9 - Comet

If you have the Results panel open, any step that reads from or writes to a file will show up as a link. You can click the link to open the file or right-click to choose whether to open the file or its containing folder.

I stumbled across that the other day, and felt rather silly that it took me so long.

cbridges
11 - Bolide

Oh my gosh...can't believe that I hadn't made the connection that blue underlined font means LINK. Duh!

Thank you, Daniel.

This is why we need a webinar called "How Did I Not Know That!" LOL

TaraM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

360Andy
7 - Meteor

How do I output a message with a clickable link from my custom component?

Is there a particular message type I need to specify when I call EngineInterface.OutputMessage()?

And/or is there a particular way I need to format the message?

360Andy
7 - Meteor

Figured it out.

I have to use AlteryxRecordInfoNet.MessageStatus.STATUS_File_Output or AlteryxRecordInfoNet.MessageStatus.STATUS_File_Input and format the message like:

"link|description"