Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Horizontal Mouse Scrolling

I use a mouse which has a horizontal scroll wheel. This allows me to quickly traverse the columns of excel documents, webpages, etc.

This interaction is not available in Alteryx Designer and when working with wide data previews it would improve my UX drastically. 

10 Comments
db-DCA
5 - Atom

Agree. Horizontal scroll should be activated.

NeoInfiniTech
8 - Asteroid

Hello, I would also like to make an addition to this idea. Previously, I was able to scroll horizontally on the 'canvas' or 'results' using the touchpad in Windows 10, however I am currently unable to do so after Windows 10 version 1809 update. This is not the case with other programs I am using. My computer model is Lenovo ThinkPad 470s and the current Synaptics touchpad driver is 19.3.4.117 with 'precision' touchpad support.

Hedge29
6 - Meteoroid

Totally agree, horizontal scroll would be great!!

ckregor
5 - Atom

Couldn't agree more!

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi all, @jameswine @ckregor @Hedge29 @NeoInfiniTech @db-DCA 

You can scroll horizontally in most places by holding down shift and scrolling your mouse wheel, this scrolls horizontally when clicked or hovering in the canvas, results or configuration windows which are probably the most common places.

You can also do the same on tool categories and tools.

RobertZaharia
5 - Atom

Also wanted to add, that I now see that it is possible to scroll horizontally with shift pressed. While it would make more sense to be able to also do so when you have a mouse that can do so. In every other program (Excel/Chrome/any other most used program) it is possible to do it, without using shift. 

It would be a small improvement, but it will make Alteryx more aligned with standard features. 

abrasch
8 - Asteroid

Agreed, the ability to scroll horizontally using my mouse's functionality (as in every other program like Excel, Chrome, etc.) without using shift, would be appreciated.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

datadabbler
7 - Meteor

Please enable this, voted!

datadabbler
7 - Meteor

Can this be combined with 541821