Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Highlight/Color Lines/Connectors from black & BOLD to bright green (or some other color)!

Need a way to highlight lines whether that means right-clicking and selecting a color or what-not, but just having the lines become black & BOLD doesn't cut it. It's not easy on the eyes. If I could click this line/connector and make it bright green that would be ideal and then I can see where it connects better when zooming out.

mbogusz_0-1612895197406.png

7 Comments
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for your idea!

We greatly appreciate all the feedback we get on how to improve our user experience, and simple things like this that have noticeable impact on a users day to day are very appreciated by our product managers. It looks like you're relatively new to the idea boards (welcome!) so if you haven't yet be sure to check out our Submission Guidelines as they go over the process after an idea is submitted as well as we need from user engagement on an idea.

mbogusz
9 - Comet

Here's another example/use case & visual... the boldness of the one connection is temporary and when the user zooms in and out it's almost impossible to keep that highlighted line/connector bold.  We need a way to highlight & bold more permanently

Example 2Example 2

mbogusz
9 - Comet

Another feature that would be useful that goes right along with this one is the ability to show at-a-glance what connectors are going towards closed containers and what connectors are active and lead to no containers or open containers.

For example, the current designer only shows wireless connections if the anchor is highlighted. It would be useful to toggle on or off wireless connections and differentiate those by color.

In this example, the wireless connection to the Properties container is only visible when clicking on the J anchor. I would like to be able to toggle this view without clicking on the J anchor. It's great that Designer can show bold and light bold colors like this, but it would be better to have a more permanent toggle in place.

mbogusz_0-1615834206741.png

iCFO
9 - Comet

I agree that a much more distinctive color would be infinitely more useful, however I would also like to see a much bolder highlight of the selected connector.

A similar bright color highlighting for selected tools is necessary as well. Finding a selected tool is especially hard when tracing back errors / warnings on large workflows. Currently viewing these things on larger workflows requires the constant hassle of zooming way in before selecting the error message to jump over to the highlight the tool or trying to see if a connector is highlighted.

SBlack
6 - Meteoroid

I would like to ability to control the color of a single connector.  This would allow me to change the color of a connector to say RED.  This would help reduce the difficulty in trouble shooting a workflow as the color would stay until reset to the default.

mbogusz
9 - Comet

@SBlack that's a great idea.  In addition it would be helpful to be able to change the color of the connectors for a single input tool to a certain color as well.  I think this would help with running a new workflow for the first time and seeing where everything's coming from without labeling to connections with names.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes