Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Google Sheets Input Tool - Support for Team Drives

Google has recently introduced the concept of Team Drives.

Team Drives are shared spaces where teams can easily store, search, and access their files anywhere, from any device.
Unlike files in My Drive, files in a Team Drive belong to the team instead of an individual. Even if members leave, the files stay exactly where they are so your team can continue to share information and get work done.
I cannot see the files through the Google Sheets Input tool. I only see files in My Drive.

How do I access Google Sheets placed into Team Drives? Thanks in advance.

Response from Alteryx Support:

Hi Chris,

This is not supported with the current tool. The way that we pull the list of sheets only will pull the personal sheets that the user owns, even if a user creates a sheet in the Team Drive, the owner is not that user but the Team Drive. There are additional parameters that need to be added in order to pull the team drive sheets a user has access to, and we would need to use a different api (Drive API vs Sheets API) for the pull.

Please add this as a suggestion for a future enhancement on our idea center.
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/idb-p/product-ideas

Thank you.

--
Angela Ogle | Customer Support Engineer
7 Comments
nalin
5 - Atom

Has this idea been revisited at all? Would love to finally have support for team drives.

gregddowns
5 - Atom

Is there an update on this?

This would be a great feature to have available.

erikpuzon
5 - Atom

Yes, I have the same problem. Any update on this?

melissa_m
8 - Asteroid

Anybody knows if this has been addressed?

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Coming Soon

Hi @chilito , there is a new Beta version of the Google Drive tools, which now support Shared Drives as well. Just pick the Shared Drive item in Files to Display option. 

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Implemented

The support for Shared Drives has been implemented in Google Drive 1.1.0