Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Google BigQuery In-Database Support

Where it stands now, only a file input tool can be used to pull data from Google BigQuery tables. The issue here is that the data is streamed and processed locally, meaning the power of BigQuery processing isn't actually being leveraged.

Adding BigQuery In-Database as a connection option would appeal to a wide audience. BigQuery is also standard SQL compliant with the SQL 2011 standard, so this may make for an even easier integration.

33 Comments
andypick
8 - Asteroid

Hi @KylieF this link just goes to the old Google Big query connectors, which were last updated over a year ago.

Are you saying that InDB can now be used with Google Big Query and the link is wrong?

Thanks

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Under Review

Hi @andypick,

Sorry about that, I misread the idea and thought the request was for general connectivity to the Google BigQuery database. Currently there is no In-DB support for this database, however I will reach out to our Product Development team to confirm if this is on the road map and get you a clearer answer within the next day or so.

For now I'm reverting the status back to Under Review to return visibility to the Product team.

bora_perusic
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

So @KylieF was little bit too fast, but just a little bit. This is now on the roadmap, prioritized and we are starting to the development. 

The ODBC connector unfortunately lacks some required functionality, this is for us the first REST-based In-DB attempt, so I would like to ask for yet more patience. We assume we will prepare a beta version first which I will announce here for anyone interested.

bora_perusic
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Coming Soon

JoepPaulusse
5 - Atom

+1

Inactive User
Not applicable

Any update on the beta or stable version?
Can we expect it by 2020.2?

bora_perusic
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I am afraid I cannot promise the 20.2. We are already working on this feature, but, as we will not use the ODBC driver, we need to solve the auth* layer properly (this is not matter of SQL itself). We will announce a beta here for those that would be interested.

RUSA
7 - Meteor

Being in a BigQuery shop I am interested in this and will gladly be a beta tester.

Shingo
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @bora_perusic 

Some prospects in Japan are eager to evaluate InDB for Big Query.

Please advise when a beta will be ready?    

Best Regards, Shingo

bora_perusic
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Shingo , @RUSA sorry, we had to pause the development of this feature for a while, solving other issues. We will hopefully get back in the next quarter, I will keep you informed.