Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Google BigQuery In-Database Support

Where it stands now, only a file input tool can be used to pull data from Google BigQuery tables. The issue here is that the data is streamed and processed locally, meaning the power of BigQuery processing isn't actually being leveraged.

Adding BigQuery In-Database as a connection option would appeal to a wide audience. BigQuery is also standard SQL compliant with the SQL 2011 standard, so this may make for an even easier integration.

33 Comments
jamesbarksby
5 - Atom

BigQuery in-database ability would be essential to the project i'm working on due to data volumes.

sf
5 - Atom

I agree this would be a critical move, to running and working with data that we would want to bring down in a summarized fashion.

davebest28115
6 - Meteoroid

This gets my vote Home Depot is moving to the cloud and this would be essential!

DouglasErb
5 - Atom

I agree with everyone else here, the sooner the in-DB tools for GBQ come to fruition, the sooner we'll be able to make a big move to the tool.

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

We're researching the effort around this and are hoping to have it implemented by end of year.

kbudidha
7 - Meteor

I had to do a POC with GBQ found that we cannot use IN-DB components which is not good. Please Implement it soon.

Nathaniel
5 - Atom

Does any one know if there has been any progress against this? We are moving to a googel cloud environment and will be able to access a lot of data in big query. The in-DP tool set would be be really useful.

sjm
8 - Asteroid

Hi @ARich - do you know if there's an update on this? Will In-DB functionality be available for BigQuery soon? Thanks! 

cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

@ARich any update on this please ?

We're researching the effort around this and are hoping to have it implemented by end of year.

It would really help with my current project :)

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Implemented

Hello!

This idea has been implemented, you can check out our knowledge base article on the topic here!

Thank you again for your contribution to Alteryx and the Idea board!