Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Global Forget Missing Fields

Please add ablity to globally, within a module, forget all missing fields.

51 Comments
MeanLeanDean
8 - Asteroid

4 years later and still relevant.  🙂

I have one giant of a workflow that needs to forget several columns in hundreds of tools.  Please expedite.

mambo
7 - Meteor

Indeed a very relevant feature!

iamdata
8 - Asteroid

Relevant still, i am updating a workflow which has been upgraded many times, and missing fields are something of a game now, i'm checking through all of the select tools an then looking for gold items, just to hit "forget missing fields"   please can we have a global function to forget all missing fields.  I'm surprised by how many other people also have come across this problem, i'm hopeful the next version will include this most wanted ability.  We have enough demand 🙂

pitmansm
8 - Asteroid

+1 for this.

Ruud
10 - Fireball

@KylieF , could you maybe give an update on this one? Would be nice to hear.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi All!

Thank you for the ping @Ruud !

Due to several changed in the product team during the past few years, several ideas, including this one, unfortunately fell through the cracks. However, our Product and Community teams have put into place several new initiatives to help bring these awesome ideas back to the forefront. I checked in with our product team on this idea in particular, and can confirm that it's currently being reviewed for user experience. While I unfortunately cannot provide an update in the form of a status change, I can confirm this idea is on our product team's radar and is in the active review stages.

Ruud
10 - Fireball
You had at “on the radar” 🙂
ExploreMore
8 - Asteroid

+1

ssjl
8 - Asteroid

I am in the thick of an integration project that requires 70+ workflows and clean up by individual tool is rapidly getting very old to say nothing of the decreased effectiveness.

Please implement soonest!

Animanga008
8 - Asteroid

+1