Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Global Forget Missing Fields

Please add ablity to globally, within a module, forget all missing fields.

51 Comments
fferraribr
5 - Atom

up

David-Carnes
12 - Quasar

Like @mcarrico wrote, it's really annoying to have to delete and replace tools from the Reporting palette.  Given how much nesting and daisy-chaining of tools it takes to get a good looking output, it becomes a chore when an change needs to be made early in the workflow.

Best,

David

AlteryxUserFL
11 - Bolide

This would be very helpful! 

aehrenwo
11 - Bolide

Please add this feature +1--- just had to do it for 100 tools 

PurpleKoolAid
7 - Meteor

I too would find this tool very helpful.  My dataset is rolling 30 days so the column headers and missing fields occur daily.

gustin33
7 - Meteor

I agree with this request. Or perhaps as an alternative, provide an option to turn off warnings for missing fields. I think from a user experience/ gamification /ocd POV, having something that throws hundreds of errors throughout my workflow when I make small changes near the beginning creates a level of anxiety and creates a sense that something was done wrong. It also makes it hard to differentiate from errors that I may want to address. 

AjayChauhan
5 - Atom

Please add this feature to the tool. It's been 3+ years when it was originally requested. It’s a big pain to remove missing columns by selecting each tool.

Bren312
8 - Asteroid

Bumpity bump bump...please add this feature; it will be extremely helpful.  I want to garrote my workflow right now.

jfone
8 - Asteroid

It's especially important for transparency and reliability of workflows. Most of the time we need to keep the warnings present, but if we want someone else to use your workflow, it's really important that there are no 'missing field' errors for them to worry about

DanielG
12 - Quasar

+1000 I am including people that are thinking about posting +1 but havent gotten around to it yet.