Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Give Estimation of Installation Time

There are quite a few instances reported in my ognization that user terminates the intallation process since it takes more than one hour and user tends to believe that the intallation process is somehow "failing". So they terminate the installation and try to install again.

A kind reminding message such as "This will approximatly take one hour, and you can enjoy your coffee break" something like that would definetely help.

Please kindly consider.

11 Comments
ks4050kt
8 - Asteroid

I'm promoting in my company to our employee starting Alteryx, this situation of waiting time for installation made them concerned. We hope this function will be adopted and eliminate concerns from our users!! Thanks!!

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@ks4050kt 

Thank you for your second on this.😋

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I've seen this happen quite a few times recently too, so this is a great idea. I think the problem has started since the installation of python packages which seems to take quite a while.

I like the "enjoy your coffee break" suggestion 😉

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Joe_Lipski 

Thank you for your second on this.😛

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi all!

It's great to see so much activity on such a new idea! Our product team also greatly appreciates the feedback on how we can improve the installer, which is a part of the product that don't necessarily get a lot of ideas. 

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@KylieF 

Thank you so much for the positive review.

Really hope it will be considered in the Change Review Process.😁

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Lets continue to vote this up.
Seems not yet get attention from😁 Alteryx people.

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I was a lucky one and I never encounter this problem but if this is an issue for some of the new users then we would definitely need to allow them to have a nice coffee break 😀

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Emil_Kos 
Thank you so much.

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Great idea!  I always tell people not to get concerned when it seems like it's doing nothing; just to wait.