The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Gallery Management - Add Advanced Options Menu Entry

I recently ran into an issue where I had to remove my company's gallery from my Designer's Save As menu.  Unfortunately, figuring out how to do this in the UI took far longer than I anticipated, and I actually blew it away using the registry.  Eventually I found that when going to Save As, you can either remove it from the "Connecting" splash screen or you can press the gear from the Save As dialog box and remove the gallery that way, neither of which are an intuitive way to manage gallery removal.  I would advocate for adding an entry to the Advanced Options menu along with data source collections for adding/removing/modifying gallery connections.  

image.png

As this list of connection, dependency, and gallery management entries continues to grow, it may also make sense to remove it from "Advanced Options" and create a more descriptive "Data" or "Connections" menu or sub-menu.  I think it would be helpful to see aliases, in-db connections, dependencies, assets, and gallery management all grouped together within the interface.

4 Comments
JulieM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

@mcarrico thank you for the great feedback and suggestions.  We are always trying to think about improvements to our user's experience and can see how this would be a beneficial update.  I'm marking this post as under review and we will be sure to keep this post updated as we're making progress here.  

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Under Review

Updating this idea's status back to Under Review, to be in line with past product updates.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

As clarification for anyone who may be checking in on this idea. I've moved this idea to the Designer Idea board, this is due to the idea pertaining to how Designer communicates with the Gallery, which is primarily handled by our Designer dev team. By moving this idea, it allows the feedback and likes to reach the correct development team.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Revisit

Thank you for posting to the Alteryx Community! Our product team is interested in this idea, however we're unable to fit this idea on the current road map. However, we'd like to keep it in mind for future features and we'll update the status once we know if or when we can include this feature.