The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Free trial : Make the Full Installer Available

Hello all,

First of all, I really appreciate the effort made by Alteryx to provide an efficient way to try the software, especially the nonAdmin install. It helped me a lot to show Alteryx to Tableau or Qlik Users, solving in a few minutes their use cases. But there is still a little thing that can break the "whaoo effect" : for the trial, you just have an installer and this installer can be blocked by security. It happened to me today and it was SOOOOOO frustrating.

Best regards,

Simon

3 Comments
CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

hi @simonaubert_bd, that does sound frustrating. Where did the security block occur? During the download, while running the installer...? This idea will go through PM when the necessary criteria are met; in the meantime, have you tried the Interactive Online Trial?

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

Hi @CristonS and thanks for the fast answer. So, my customer have downloaded the installer, run it, choose Alteryx Designer without predictive tools, clicked next and then, an error message occured. I have a turnaround with a full installer on my own computer, on a separate network. But the time to found a server available on both network, copy paste the installer through a VPN slow as hell, it took more hours (I'm still trying to copy paste it, it's 11 PM here a friday evening) and of course, I'm not back until Thursday. I just lost the momentum. This is the first time I have an issue with Alteryx on that topic, usually it works perfectly.

Best regards,

Simon

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes