Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Formula Tool - Set input row number for Data Preview

The Data Preview of the Formula Tool is SO helpful ! 

Make it better by allowing preview on other rows than the first 

Capture.PNG

3 Comments
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for your feedback!

To help our product team understand the goal of this idea as best we can, what would be the most optimal way for you to see this included (and for anyone else interested in this idea)? Would you like to see it as part of the formula, like an optional addition to the string, or would you like to see it as a toggle-able user setting?

hroderick-thr
11 - Bolide

Perhaps beside the Data Preview there could be a Row N where N defaults to 1 and could be changed by user to some other integer.

Or perhaps the active row in the results display could drive the formula results.

I think you guys will come up with a great way to do it however you land and I know the feature will help me get formulas right faster.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes