Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Formula Tool - Expand All

When numerous formulae exist within a single formula object, being able to "Expand All / Collapse All" would be most welcomed.  :-)

Also - the ability to Disable/Enable a single formula in the formula object - also very nice to have.

8 Comments
andrewdatakim
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

I wouldn't mind just a hotkey to do this. 

The enable/disable functionality would be good especially during development because I am constantly trying to work out new formulas. A workaround for this @KenMorrill is to just comment the formula out with //. I do it all the time to save thoughts and ideas.

KenMorrill
7 - Meteor

That's one for the "Duh!" 😞     column - but I never thought of it!  Thanks!!!

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Yes please!!!

For both suggestions.

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

The formula tool needs enhancements, for sure.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Great idea @KenMorrill 

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

NicoleJ
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Coming Soon

Stay tuned! Expand/Collapse feature coming soon :)

NJ

NicoleJ
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Implemented

Ability to expand all/collapse all formulas has been added to the Formula tool as of Designer version 2022.3! You'll see the new toggle in the upper left corner next to Output Column header that will allow you to quickly expand all or collapse all formulas. Happy Alteryx-ing! 

(Note that we have not implemented the ability to disable/enable a single formula from part 2 of the idea... current recommended workaround would be just comment out the formula temporarily if you do not wish it to run. If this is still an idea you feel would be valuable, please check Community to see if it has also been proposed and/or add a new idea specific to that functionality! Thanks!)

NicoleJ_0-1670346893826.png