The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Format upgrade for Interactive Chart axes

For charts with a secondary Y axis, it would be helpful to be able to apply dollar signs to one Y axis and percentage signs to the other Y axis. 

While the axis labels can say "These are dollars" and "These are percentages", the chart would be quicker to grasp if the units themselves were labeled.

5 Comments
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for your feedback on the Interactive Chart tool! I did some quick testing in the newest version, 2020.2 and it appears you can by going to Axes > Titles and selecting the Y Axes you'd like to update the title of and inputting the needed symbol. Does that meet your needs? If not could you provide an example or case where showing the chart is not being able to update with symbols?

Newt
8 - Asteroid

I've gone to Axes > Titles and selected the axis I want.  I've updated the Title in the white box under the Rich Text - B / x2 etc.  Where do I input the symbol that I want on all the numbers displayed on that axis?

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @Newt,

Apologizes I misunderstood your initial request. This feature is not presently in the product, and we appreciate you letting us know via the idea boards. Once this idea meets the necessary criteria we'll insure it gets reviewed by the necessary product teams.

Thank you for your feedback!

matthew_mayer
5 - Atom

+1 for this request: the Interactive Chart tool is a great concept for being able to generate visuals directly in a Alteryx workflow without having to output the data to excel, but in it's current state I can't utilize it for anything I would distribute or present.  Being able to properly format the axes as dollars and percentages is crucial for utilizing this tool for any sort of report generation.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes