Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Find and replace within Workflow

Would be great to have a find and replace option in the workflow.  I've deployed a template workflow to maintain a datamart.  I have about 50 sources which means about 50 workflows all very similar to each other.  In fact its typically only table names that change.  Would be cool to be able to open the template workflow and just do a find and replace on the name of the table.  The find and replace could prompt me on each replace or I could do a replace all.  This would be consistent with other apps like Excel.

2 Comments
angelarovetto
7 - Meteor

I would like to see something like this too. For my use case, I'd like to see an option within the Find and Replace tool that would allow me to choose "all fields" or "all string fields" to perform a lookup based on a list of values and replace with the defined value. Just like the existing Find and Replace, but allow me to perform that on multiple fields in one shot. If there's already a way to do this (easily) please share!

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Implemented

Thank you for this suggestion! Starting with the 20.3 release, you can now Replace/Replace All in the Find window. Download 20.3 at: http://downloads.alteryx.com/