Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Filtering option that display column content on Alteryx Browse view

It will be great to have the same columns filter option than Excel under the Browse view that display column content and allows to check/unchecked multiple data.  See picture before for references

adominguez_1-1578608748229.png

AD

7 Comments
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @adominguez,

Thank you for posting to the idea board! In our 2019.2 update we included the ability to filter on the results window in a similar manner to the quick filters in Excel, you can check out the help documentation about this here under Filter Results.

Is this feature similar to or help achieve what you're looking to do in the Browse window?

adominguez
5 - Atom

Hi Kylie,

Sorry but I cant open the help documentation linked with the message. I want to see that filter results option in order to confirm if that is what I am asking for.

thanks

AD

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi AD,

Sorry about that, I've updated the link in my initial message and it should work now.

Thank you,

Kylie

adominguez
5 - Atom

Hi Kylie,

I was aware of the filtering options displayed on the link but unfortunately, they wont allow you to see a list of the all options as Excel does with Column filtering.

See my snapshoot above to have a better idea of I meant 

Thanks

Alfredo

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for the clarification! Since this is a new feature idea, at this point it's up to the community to provide their input on the idea! Once the idea has accumulated at least 10 likes it will be brought to our product team's attention for a response. 

Thank you!

Kylie

edenovchek
5 - Atom

Good Afternoon!

This is one of the features that hinders my team the most.  We generally need to filter our data on 10-15 items and it becomes rather cumbersome to type it out each type.  Is it possible to adjust your idea to also add the same filtering capability to the filter tool?

Thanks,

Earon

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes