Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Filter with many output ports

Hi,

Instead of having multiple filters to create mutliples new branches for downstream analysis, Alteryx should have one filter with multiples ouputs ports. Each filter would is own statement. 

This would reduce the numbers of filters in a canvas.
7 Comments
aMac
8 - Asteroid

This is a really cool idea, but is there some equivalent or workaround already? Would love to see any workarounds that folks have built for have multi-stream outputs pending how the data is fed.

hhamilton
5 - Atom

This would be very helpful. I have searched extensively on this and have not found any helpful workarounds. Ideally the user would be able to add any number of outputs then write a statement for each output.

rohanonline
10 - Fireball

One of the workaround could be to create a macro with one input and multiple outputs. I can share a workflow in case you have any examples.

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Ageed, there's been a few cases where you want to filter for:

- condition A - go to output A

- Condition B - go to output B 

- condition C - go to output C

else go to output D

That would b ea helpful capability.

Nemesis
6 - Meteoroid

What you are suggesting is actually a "case" or "switch" tool.   It would work something like this:

case  valueA   when = valueB Then C

when  = valueD  Then E

else F.

The problem would be that the tool would have no way of knowing the  number of output links that would result.   However, that being said, I do like the idea. 

ArmJuni
5 - Atom

Hi I'm new in Alteryx but I really like this idea. It'd make my workflow a lot more efficient.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Revisit

Thank you for posting to the Alteryx Community! Our product team has review this idea and like this idea but are unable to place it on the road map at this time. However they'ld like to keep it in mind for future road map decisions. We’ll keep this idea in mind however and update the status once we’re better able to speak on when and if we can implement it.