Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Filter Tool Results - Preview

When configuring a FILTER tool, the results of your formula are uncertain until you RUN/PLAY the workflow.  Compare that experience with the configuration of a FORMULA tool where you see a "Data Preview" of the first record results.

capture.png

TRUE or FALSE could readily be added to the Filter Tool and save the execution time for the workflow.  

When you get to HTML tool versions, you could check many rows of data and potentially give back counts of TRUE and FALSE results as well.

I'll put this on my x-mas list and see if Santa has me on the naughty or nice list.

Cheers,

Mark

12 Comments
Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Loving the idea!

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for the feedback!

Another fun idea! We appreciate the feedback on how we can improve some common functions. For anyone who stumbles across this idea, be sure to like it if it would be beneficial for you and review our Submission Guidelines, which go over how our idea boards work in a bit greater detail.

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This would be great

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Yep yep yep. Can I vote twice? 

SubratDas5
10 - Fireball

I need this too. Have struggled with multiple boolean conditions in ( and/or) operators.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Sounds like a great Idea

derekbelyea
12 - Quasar

This one has my vote.

dataMack
12 - Quasar

Great suggestion Mark. Whenever the user can see what the impact of some action is going to be to their data, the more productive they become.

phoebe_kelley
9 - Comet

Yes! Especially being able to see the record count of true/false as you update the filter tool.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Revisit

Thank you for your feedback and idea!

Due to competing initiatives and projects, our product team has determined we're unable to put this idea on the near future roadmap. However they would like to keep this in mind for future tool enhancement updates. We'll do our best to update the status when our product team reevaluates this idea in the future.