Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Field Summary in-db

My users need the same functionnality In-db as the in-memory tool "Field Summary".

The purpose is to discover the data : distribution, minimum, maximum, count,valid, unique, ...

4 Comments
Atabarezz
13 - Pulsar

Good to have for profiling purposes, but for some huge tables it may create great workloads at one don't you think...

Would be awesome to make it on a representative sample automatically, a random sample of %5-10 percent and do the analysis on that first for ex...

ephij
9 - Comet

If your DB is PostgreSQL Greenplum you have this data built into the system table pg_stats.  Any db table that has been analyzed will appear there.

i_love_databases
8 - Asteroid

Hello Alteryx,

it's probably less than one day of development, it can be shown in demo to customer. What I call a quickfix/quickwin.

Best regards,

Simon

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes