Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Export to MicroStrategy .mstr or iCube format

As a MicroStrategy customer it would be nice if Alteryx would support output for either the .mstr file format or better direct creation and publication of the iCUBE, intelligent cube format on their server solution. This would be similar to the existing features of writing a twbx or  TDE file extract and publish to Tableau server.

Opposite if the Input connector could read from an intelligence cube on the MSTR iServer as datasource that would be great as well.

Below a link to their SOA webservices documentation to pull data into applications, perhaps an option.

Data as a Service

3 Comments
AndyC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @arnold_slabbekoorn

Great suggestion.  Since the relaunch of the Comminity last year, we now have a dedicated Ideas section where product ehnacements can be suggested and voted on by other Community users.

@TaraM can this post be moved to the Ideas section or does it need to be posted as a new entry?

Thanks

Cynthia
5 - Atom

Hi Arnold, 

I'm curious, did you ever get this figured out? Now with MicroStrategy 10.6, there is an API to publish a new cube, and I think 10.7 allows you to update existing cubes on a repeated basis (like a schedule). If you did come up with an answer before those MicroStrategy versions, I'm pretty impressed because I suspect the setup wasn't in place to support it well. 

We're also a MicroStrategy customer, and considering Alteryx for data prep. 

Best, 
Cynthia 

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Not Planned