Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Evolutionary optimisation

It seems that version 10.6 (still in beta) will have easy to use linear programming tool... We'll be able to allocate assets optimally, optimize our marketing decisions by inputting the predictions we had with predictive tools etc.

But when it comes to Non-linear models what happens? The idea is to add Alteryx designer an evolutionary optimization capability as well...

I've used a similar tool in excel which was very useful called Evolver; http://www.palisade.com/evolver/ It will be awesome to see that in the coming versions...

To note that one optimisation method does not rule them all and evolutionary algorithms are the slowest probably,

But I believe it will enable us to optimize hyperparameters of our models and greatly get better results...

Evopt.png

4 Comments
mutama
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi, I would like to upvote this idea!

In the manufacturing industry, more and more use cases involve beyond just the simple Linear Programming. Having options that are similar to Evolutionary LP or GRG Nonlinear would be great (without having the need for the user to create extra custom code with the R or Python tool).

Best,

MU

frenchcrepes__
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Would love to upvote this brilliant idea!

Atabarezz
13 - Pulsar
thanks guys for the support it's been 3 years since the idea... KNIME the competitior already added this to their extentions... but not Alteryx yet!
AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes